Speed of Funding: Fast
Terms: 3 months - 3 years
Interest Rates: High
What is an Unsecured Term Loan?
An unsecured term loan is a business loan granted where the loan is supported by the borrower’s creditworthiness rather than any collateral or security. This means that the cash flow and profitability of your business will be a very important part of the lender’s credit rating decision. Because there is no security, the risk is higher and so the interest rates charged by the lender are normally higher. Unsecured loans are normally short term loans ranging from 3 months to 3 years.
- Low value loans
- No collateral or security required
- Little paperwork involved
- Great for working capital funding
- Short timeframes of loan period
- May require director guarantee
- High interest rate